The great thing about the SheffGives campaign is that there’s something that everybody in the city can do to get involved, no matter how young you are!
Here’s a few ideas for kids to get involved in, whilst at the same time developing their sense of empathy, respect and citizenship:
- Collect items for a local foodbank when doing the supermarket shop with parents
- Donate old clothes and toys to charity
- Host a mini Bake Off and raise money for a local charity by selling your baked goods
- Be inspired by Oxfam and give a life changing gift at Christmas or on your birthday
- Adopt an animal at Yorkshire Wildlife Park
- Arrange a litter pick on your street or in a nearby park
- Hunt for our #bethesmile pebbles, snap a picture if you find one, share the picture on our social media (or ask your parents to do this for you), then re-hide the pebble for somebody else to find!
- Sign up to our weekly pledges which are simple ways of joining the city of Sheffield in giving a little, to benefit the whole community. We’ll share our weekly pledges via social media and here too.